In my previous post I said that there was a picture of Saddam Hussein brandishing his trademark sword in a Muslim Quarter pastry shop in Jerusalem's Old City. The picture is real, the shop is real, but the sword was poetic license. I was in the area again today, so I took a picture of the Hussein poster. I tried to get the Yasser Arafat poster as well, but the sun ruined the shot through the glass door.
Can you believe our "partner in peace" venerates Saddam Hussein? Here's the picture:
why were you in the old city again without me?? danny!!
sorry marissa! i'll let you know next time...
i was there yesterday too! but not in the christian quarter, too scary!!!!!!!
when are we going again!?!?
Oh, girls - we'll get nuts in the Christian world soon enough...
The Israel land does not only belongs to the Jews. The Zionist jews said the the promised land only belongs to the Jews. As God said the promised land belong to the sons of Abraham. Remember Abraham had 2 sons with 2 wives ie. Sarah had Isaac and the other Hajar had Ismael. Ismael and Sarah are both Eygptian and Arab.
Hence God was right you shouln't take Arab land and said that is your land . What God wanted is both Jews and Arabs should live in peace as thousand of years ago. Remember after wwar2 who came to take Arabs land with the help of the British ?
Many arabs were killed just because the Jews wanted their land.
Actually God wanted both cousins to leave in peace. Remember violance begets violance. Or in other word peace begets peace . Why can't both cousins leave in peace till the end of the world.
Wchich is better peace or war ?
Though I think your comment to be totally unrelated to the content of this post, and I think you have your "facts" wrong, I appreciate your comment. Let me try to address them according to my perspective, point by point.
1) The "Zionest Jews," i.e. me and my friends, believed that the Jewish claim to the land was based on a couple of factors. One of those factors was the legal purchase of the land, as we were not going to go in and conquer the land from anyone. Landlords owned the land, and people and groups purchased this land (Baron Rothschild and the Jewish National Fund, for example). So, the "Zionist Jews" legally purchased the land on which we sit.
2) Jews and Arabs never lived in peace, unfortunately. Abraham was attacked by the kings of the land. We were slaves in Egypt. We had wars with the Arab tribes living here when the Jewish Kingdom existed. Sephardi Jews faced discrimination and pogroms in the Arab lands during the exile. And now we are still at war. We've never lived in peace...
3) No one "took" "Arab land" during WW2. Take a look at the history of the British Mandate in Israel and you will see the exact OPPOSITE is the truth. For example, the British governer of Jerusalem said nothing when the Muslim leadership initiated a bloody riot against the Jewish inhabitants. The British totalled backed out of the Balfour Declaration.
4) Gd indeed wants Jews and Arabs to live in peace. The Jews realize that, and you can see it by our continual efforts to appease even groups like Hamas and Hizbullah. The Israeli people do not want war.
5) Peace is better than war, but peace at what cost?
Thank you for your comment, Alan.
I was in Bethlehem about a year ago. Some random, scary looking guy, came up to me and took my digital camera and erased a bunch of the pictures. (One with a really frumma - I assume you know the yiddish word - Muslim. I guess they don´t want people seeing them as extremists). Anyway, he only erased a handful and I still was able to keep a great shot of a shopkeeper smiling behind his cash register and in front of his picture of Sadaam - I´ll send it if I can find it. ......if only they loved their children as much as they hate us.............
Post a Comment